Red bliss potatoes are a fantastic option for a dinner side dish. This red bliss recipe comes together very quickly and is really easy to make. The combination of ginger, parsley and garlic is divine. Enjoy!
- 7 red bliss potatoes
- 3 inches of ginger
- ½ bunch parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil, more if needed
- salt to taste
- Start by heating a pot of water on high heat.
- Cut your red bliss potatoes in half, then into 4 pieces (see video).
- Add potatoes to pot of water and bring to a boil (approx 10 minutes). After you reach the boiling point, cook the potatoes for 8-10 minutes. Do a fork test to make sure cooked through.
- While potatoes are boiling grate your ginger on a microplane or box grater.
- Chop ½ a bunch of parsley.
- Finely dice two cloves of garlic.
- Put olive oil in a pan with heat on low-to-medium.
- Add ginger, stir and let sizzle for a couple of minutes.
- Fork test your potatoes. When tender all the way through they are done.
- Add parsley to ginger and olive oil, stir and let cook for a minute or two.
- Add garlic and cook just until fragrant – about a minute or so.
- Drain potatoes and put in a large bowl.
- Add parsley, ginger, garlic mixture to potato bowl and mix to coat potatoes.
- Salt to taste.
- Eat the Bite.