Cheap, easy and healthy these Thai lettuce wraps made with rotisserie chicken are perfect for an appetizer, lunch or dinner. They’re crunchalicious!
- 1 whole cooked rotisserie chicken
- 4 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or basil, plus more for garnish
- 1 jar of Thai peanut sauce (7 ounce jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 heads of Bibb lettuce (a.k.a butter lettuce - see note #1)
- Don’t forget to watch my video with all the step-by-step instructions.
- Peel the skin from one cooked rotisserie chicken, pull all the meat from the bird and chop the chicken into uniform-ish pieces. Add to a large bowl.
- Finely dice the celery stalks. I usually take one stalk at a time and slice it into four strips, then dice down finely from there. Add to bowl.
- Finely dice the red pepper. Cut the pepper into four large pieces. Cut pieces into strips, then dice down into smaller pieces from there. Add to bowl.
- Finely dice the red onion. Cut into thin strips lengthwise then dice down into smaller bits from there. You’ll need to run your knife over the onions a few more times to get them finely diced. Add to bowl.
- Chop your cilantro (or basil). Add to bowl. Chop a little extra too for garnish.
- Add salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Add the 7-ounce jar of Thai peanut sauce to the bowl. Mix all ingredients together until everything is coated in the sauce. Give it a taste here. Add more salt & pepper if you like.
- Place Bibb lettuce leaves on a platter and spoon the chicken mixture onto the lettuce. I like serving on a platter, but you can do what you like! If you want everyone to make their own just leave it all out and everyone can serve themselves. Enjoy!
- Bibb lettuce is also called Boston Bibb or Butter Lettuce. The heads are usually pretty small so you may need 2-3 heads for this recipe which will depend on the size.
- I’ve tried most brands of peanut sauce and I’ve really enjoyed all of them! You are not bound to use Sun Luck brand. It was the one they had at the store that day so I went with it.