No room in your oven on Thanksgiving Day? No problem, just steam these brussel sprouts and toss with pine nuts and bacon bits. So delicious!
- 1 1/2 pounds of Brussel sprouts
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked & diced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon wedge to squeeze on top (optional)
- Be sure to watch the video too!
- Cook five strips of bacon and set aside. Once cooled down cut the strips into small bacon bits.
- Put pine nuts in a small pan with heat on the medium. Cook for five minutes or so until they are golden brown. Make sure to stir a few times. Be careful not to burn them. Set aside.
- For the Brussel sprouts simply cut off the stem on the end, cut it in half and put it into a pot that has water and a steamer insert. Cut all the Brussel sprouts this way and put in your pot.
- Heat on high until the Brussel sprouts are cooked all the way through. Cover should be on. Should take about 7-8 minutes. Test with a fork to check them.
- Melt butter in a small pan. Add the bacon and cook for 1 minute on medium heat. Add the pine nuts and stir together for a minute.
- Transfer Brussel sprouts from the pot to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the bacon and pine nuts over the Brussel sprouts and mix until everything is well combined. If you're using the optional lemon wedge you should squeeze it over the Brussel sprouts now.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!