One of the most comforting vegetables for the fall and winter is Brussel sprouts. I just love them! My mind was thinking of the Thanksgiving Series when I made these, but Brussel sprouts can be enjoyed any time! I chose to steam the Brussel sprouts since oven space can get a little tight on Thanksgiving Day. This Thanksgiving side dish will be prepared on your stove top. So here we go: brussel sprouts with pine nuts and bacon! Yes, bacon! Yay for bacon on Thanksgiving Day!
Brussel Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Bacon Will Rock The House
Anyone else just love brussel sprouts? By the way, I do realize that it's supposed to be "Brussels" sprouts, but I don't care. We don't pronounce the "s" when we say it, so I decided I'm breaking away from societal norms and kicking that extra "s" to the curb. No disrespect to Belgium, they have the best chocolate in the world. But I won't be adding the "s" at the end of Brussel. I also won't be calling my stuffing "dressing" but that's another discussion. It's regional, I think, we call stuffing in New England. Main point: call things what you want to call them.
This Brussel sprouts recipe is very straightfoward. Cut and steam the Brussel sprouts. Cook and chop the bacon. Lightly toast the pine nuts in a small pan. Combine the bacon and pine nuts with some butter and pour over your steamed sprouts! There. Couldn't have been easier, right? You can also follow along with my step-by-step video. I'll be with you the whole way!
Thanksgiving: the one time a year you cook a turkey!
Welcome to my Thanksgiving Series! This is a feast I made for about $95 and it serves 8-10 people. You’ll probably still have some leftovers too! I bought a whopping 19 ½ pound turkey and economized as much as I could to keep this under $100. I know staying on a budget is important. This is my first Thanksgiving as a food blogger and I hope to add new Turkey Day recipes each year. The dinner here is a budget-friendly, beginner-friendly option.
All the Thanksgiving Series Essentials:
- Thanksgiving Turkey & Gravy
- Fantastic No-Frills Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Pepperidge Farm Stuffing with Apples & Celery
- Sautéed Butternut Squash with Caramelized Leeks & Thyme
- Killer Apple Pie with Butter Crust
Need some appetizer ideas? No problem!
- Holiday Appetizers: Phyllo Cups FIVE WAYS!
- Stuffed Mushrooms w/Sausage, Cheddar & Panko
- Nana's Weird Hot Dog Appetizer (the kids will love this!)
- Honey Butter Bourbon Shrimp
- Brown Sugar Bacon Sticks Brushed w/Maple Syrup
- Apple Brie Crostini w/Pecans & Honey
- Warm Shrimp & Gorgonzola Dip w/Pancetta Bacon (make-ahead friendly)
- Crispy Thai Pork Toast (make-ahead friendly)
- Crunchy Baked Kale Chips (great for vegetarians)