If you want to learn how to cook you have come to the right place. Here, you will not only find a wide variety of recipes ranging from healthy to indulgent – you will also find step-by-step videos to help you through the cooking process.
I encourage you to not be afraid of your kitchen. There has never been a better (or easier) time to learn how to cook. There are countless resources available to all of us. We can pick the ingredients we love and create amazing meals right in the comfort of our own homes.
If you are already a passionate home chef, that’s awesome. You are here because you love food and you want to explore recipes and experiment. Yay! If you’re new to cooking, that is also very cool and I am here to support you in any way I can.
A Little About Me and This Site:
- I love cooking and eating, but that's probably obvious given the nature of my site. 😊
- I wanted to create a cooking website where anyone can come to learn how to cook. This is why I decided on step-by-step videos. You get to see the whole process start to finish.
- What you see is what you get. I don’t Photoshop my pictures. I’m not altering colors and lighting to make my food look “better” than it is. Nothing against the content creators that do. For me, sometimes we need to let things be what they are.
- Potatoes are my favorite food. Strongly disliked them as a child and didn’t eat my first baked potato until I was 19… and I’ve never looked back.
- I went to Johnson & Wales University, have a degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management and spent a decade in that industry. I also worked as a private chef for many years in a resort community.
- I love traveling and having adventures.
- I went back to school to get my MBA later in life and it was the best decision I ever made. It’s never too late to learn – I really mean that. Learn. Grow. Evolve. This is my mantra.
So Why Do You Eat What You Eat?
Think of your favorite foods. Why are they your favorites? Do you have a memory about a particular food your mom cooked for you as a child? Your grandmother’s secret recipe for biscuits and gravy you can’t live without? The best meal you ever ate at a restaurant?
I do too! I have so many food memories and each of them is a story I didn’t realize I had until I started this website. Food is a big part of our lives. When you eat something that simply blows your mind, don’t you usually tell someone about it?
From Healthy to Indulgent: Make the Choice to Cook at Home
Cooking is one of the simplest things you can incorporate into your life. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming or difficult. All of us are capable of preparing fantastic meals for ourselves and our loved ones – right in our own kitchens. If you start planning your meals for the week and make a routine of it, you will start shopping smarter. You will save money. You will cook with leftovers in mind so you can take them for your lunch.
Eating out has never been more expensive. I encourage you to save your money and learn how to cook. I can help you out and will be with you every step of the way with my instructional videos. And when we cook at home our tastes range from healthy to indulgent, right? Well, I've got some great choices for whatever your little heart desires.
Let’s get to our kitchens and make delicious food! Cooking is a way we can create harmony in this crazy world. Sharing a meal with our friends and family is a way to share our love, our laughter and our stories. From healthy to indulgent - I'm sure I have something you will absolutely love! Let's put our screens away at least once a day and break bread with the people we care about. The tradition of gathering around a table to enjoy a home cooked meal is an important part of the human experience. I know for me, it brings so much joy.
Need a Jumping Off Point? Here's Some Great Starter Recipes:
- Big Batch, Slow Cooked Spaghetti Sauce
- Stuffed Chicken Pepperoni Pizza Bake
- Dinner for Two: Steak au Poivre w/ Potatoes au Gratin
- Balsamic Cholula Chicken (cook it all in one pan!)
- Crunchy Coconut Chicken Fingers
- How to Make a Western Omelette
- Pork Chops w/Stove Top Stuffing, Apples & Onion
- One-Pan Sausage, Potatoes, Peppers & Onions
- Crunchy, Cheesy Patty Melts on Grilled Sourdough