If you're looking for a lighter appetizer that is super easy to make and a real crowd pleaser you have come to the right place. Apple brie crostini with pecans and honey is so incredibly satisfying. French bread and brie are soul mates, right? Always have been. And you could smear any kind of jam on brie and it will taste incredible. But if you're looking for a neater presentation fresh fruit is a great option. Sliced apple, pear or strawberries is the way to go.
Brie tends to be a cheese we buy for special occasions. Holidays, pot luck suppers or any small gathering. It's a go-to cheese that's a perfect fit with French bread, and of course, fruit of some kind. This is one of the best low-maintenance finger foods you can make when having friends or family over. It's on the healthier side (as long as you don't eat the whole tray) and it's a lighter treat as well.
Apple Brie Crostini: Five Easy Ingredients and Everyone Always Loves It!
Apple brie crostini is so simple. Grab yourself a French bread loaf, brie, pecans, an apple, and good honey. That's it. You only need five ingredients to make a fantastic appetizer. I guarantee there will not be one single piece left. If you don't want to slice an apple, skip it. Spoon on some fruit preserves from your fridge instead.
If you are looking for other incredible appetizers for your holiday gatherings or otherwise, you should definitely check out some of my other finger foods:
- Holiday Appetizers: Phyllo Cups FIVE WAYS!
- Stuffed Mushrooms w/Sausage, Cheddar & Panko
- Nana's Weird Hot Dog Appetizer (the kids will love this!)
- Honey Butter Bourbon Shrimp
- Brown Sugar Bacon Sticks Brushed w/Maple Syrup
- Warm Shrimp & Gorgonzola Dip w/Pancetta Bacon (make-ahead friendly)
- Crispy Thai Pork Toast (make-ahead friendly)
- Crunchy Baked Kale Chips (great for vegetarians)