Sautéed organic Napa cabbage with garlic scape vinaigrette or homemade chili oil. Pick your topping for this healthy side dish!
- Make sure your cabbage is washed thoroughly. Cut the bottom stem piece off and look inside. There may be dirt there and this is one of those vegetables that need a good rinsing and inspecting before continuing.
- Lay the cabbage horizontally on the cutting board and run your knife across the head. Cuts should be about one inch apart or so. I did discard some of the yellow center bits, but if you like that keep it.
- Melt olive oil and butter in a large pan on low-to-medium heat.
- Transfer cabbage to the pan and toss with kitchen tongs to lightly coat the cabbage.
- Place lid on the pan and set timer for about 3-4 minutes. We want to cook the cabbage until the leaves are soft, but there’s a little crunch to the white part.
- Remove the lid and mix the cabbage. Test to make sure it’s cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on cabbage then mix again.
- Divide cabbage into two small serving bowls.
- Spoon my Super Tangy Garlic Scape Vinaigrette over one bowl of cabbage and spoon my Homemade Chili Oil w/Sediment over the other bowl. Both flavors are totally awesome! Serve immediately.