Are you tired of thinking about what you're going to do for lunch every day? Or dinner? Me too. We live in a fast-paced world that lends itself to opting for outside food. But with restaurant prices skyrocketing, it's time to look in our kitchens. Groceries are up too, I know. But if you shop smart and plan ahead you can keep your budget under control and most likely eat healthier too. So for this meal prep suggestion I give you garam masala tenders with garlic bok choy and squash. But first, a little about Meal Prep.
MEAL PREP: Planning Ahead Has Never Been Easier
So you want to plan ahead, do you? There are a couple of different ways you can do this.
- First, always cook with leftovers in mind. I do this frequently. I simply make more than I need for any given meal. You’re already in the kitchen cooking a meal. Why not make a bit more than you need? The leftovers go in containers and are eaten for lunches for a day or two.
- Second, you can approach meal prep by making specific meals just for lunches. Simply pack them into cute little containers that make you feel oh-so organized and efficient. I recently purchased four bento-box style meal prep containers. They each fit into their own zippable carry bag and I love them! But really, any container will do!
Benefits of Meal Prep:
- No more spending your hard-earned money on take-out food. The prices are getting so high it’s really not affordable to do this too often.
- Preparing food in your own kitchen means you know exactly what’s going in your food.
- If you are working from home, you don’t have to stop and make something new for lunch. Simply reheat your already-prepared food. This gives you more time to relax and really enjoy your break!
Now go forth and meal prep!
Garam Masala Tenders with Garlic Bok Choy and Squash
I love garam masala and I love bok choy and squash. So, if you also love these things then you will appreciate this meal prep idea. I have made the garam masala tenders many times and we love them. Super easy to make and very tasty! This is a great healthy option for lunch and it's filling but not heavy.
I swear it's so simple you won't believe it. Marinate the chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper and garam masala. Finely dice a couple cloves of garlic. Chop yellow summer squash into cubes. Chop some bok choy. Cook it in pans! That's it! And searing the chicken tenders on a higher heat will give them a wonderful golden brown color and a little garam masala crust as well. Squeeze some fresh lime to finish it off and you're done!
This one is a no-brainer in terms of a healthy and absolutely delicious meal prep option! I hope you give this one a try. It will not disappoint.
If you're looking for other chicken recipes which could also be turned into meal prep lunches, you should check out my cardamom chicken thighs with coconut raisin rice or my cheesy stuffed chicken breast with asparagus and tomato.Print