Are you tired of thinking about what you're going to do for lunch every day? Or dinner? Me too. We live in a fast-paced world that lends itself to opting for outside food. But with restaurant prices skyrocketing, it's time to look in our kitchens. Groceries are up too, I know. But if you shop smart and plan ahead you can keep your budget under control and most likely eat healthier too. So for this meal prep suggestion, I'm making rosemary grilled chicken with broccoli and sweet potatoes.
For Easy Meal Prep Go With Rosemary Grilled Chicken with Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
For those of you who read my blog regularly, you know I love my dark meat chicken. I also enjoy chicken breast, obviously, but it needs to be marinated or stuffed with things for me to get really into it. The good thing is that white meat chicken is lean and healthy so if you're looking for healthy meal prep for lunches or dinner- this is a great option. I love pairing chicken and rosemary since it is one of my favorite herbs. The marinade for this one comes together quickly, and you probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry. Yay!
Meal Prep: Planning Ahead Has Never Been Easier
So you want to plan ahead, do you? There are a couple of different ways you can do this.
- First, always cook with leftovers in mind. I do this frequently. I simply make more than I need for any given meal. You’re already in the kitchen cooking a meal. Why not make a bit more than you need? The leftovers go in containers and are eaten for lunches for a day or two.
- Second, you can approach meal prep by making specific meals just for lunches. Simply pack them into cute little containers that make you feel oh-so organized and efficient. I recently purchased four bento-box style meal prep containers. They each fit into their own zippable carry bag and I love them! But really, any container will do!
Benefits of Meal Prep:
- No more spending your hard-earned money on take-out food. The prices are getting so high it’s really not affordable to do this too often.
- Preparing food in your own kitchen means you know exactly what’s going in your food.
- If you are working from home, you don’t have to stop and make something new for lunch. Simply reheat your already-prepared food. This gives you more time to relax and really enjoy your break!
Now go forth and meal prep!
Healthy Rosemary Grilled Chicken with Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes
This one couldn't be easier to make, plus it's light and healthy!
Looking for More Meal Prep & Leftovers for Lunches Ideas? No Problem!
- BBQ Chicken Thighs w/Asparagus & Baked Potato
- Garam Masala Chicken Tenders w/Garlic Boy Choy and Squash
- Easy Chicken Tikka Masala (one of my favorite make-ahead lunches)
- Comfort Food: Shepherd's Pie
- Cardamom Chicken Thighs w/Coconut Raisin Rice
- The Best Grilled Chicken and Marinated Tomatoes
- Coconut Tofu w/Crushed Pineapple & Broccolini
- One-Pan Sausage, Potatoes, Peppers & Onions