This white queso cheese dip is definitely reminiscent of the old Chili's white queso dip, except no weird spinach blended into it. Nothing against spinach at all, but it felt a bit out of place in a white queso dip. Super Bowl Sunday is thee day of the queso dip-salsa-tortilla chip-guacamole flavor profile, right? I mean, at least one thing you serve on Super Bowl Sunday has to be chips and salsa in some form. It's practically a requirement of the celebration. So today I give you my white queso dip with crispy crumbled beef. Plus an awesome, quick guacamole recipe too. You're going to love it.
Melty Queso Dip with Seasoned Crispy Crumbled Beef: The Answer to Every Question
The key to the crispy crumbled beef is cooking on high heat and breaking it down into tiny bits. There's a little taco seasoning (or fajita seasoning) involved and a small blob of tomato paste toward the end. But first we want to get it small and crumbly and get that crispy sear all over it. I love that. In one pot, we're melting cheese - super easy. In a large pan we're searing the ground beef - also super easy and make-ahead friendly. I find this flavor profile one of the ultimate go-to flavor profiles when entertaining a crowd. But my favorite part of this dip other than the cheese (the cheese, the cheese, of course the CHEESE!!) is that crispy crumbled beef. Please take your beef to the next level and crisp it up. It's insanely delicious.
Breakdown of the Other Queso Dip Add-Ons
Oh, if I admitted to you how much cheese I've been eating lately you would call the cheese police. They do exist by the way. They've been called to my house many times. They have regular police uniforms, but their hats are blocks of cheese so that's when you really know you've gone too far. As soon as you see those cheese hats racing to your front door, you must put down that block of cheese you've been eating from your hand like a sandwich, and surrender.
Apart from the cheese, there are some other great flavors to go with this awesome dip.
Optional But Necessary, Know What I Mean?
- The extra crispy crumbled beef. I spooned on some of the crispy beef to garnish the queso dip, but served the rest on the side and let people help themselves.
- Guacamole. When I shopped for this recipe and passed the store-made guacamole I was tempted. I stood staring at it for far too long. The thought of NOT making homemade guacamole made me smile. Then I snapped back to reality remembering how many times I fell into this trap. The trap of guacamole that looks amazing, but somehow always tastes awful. Too salty. Too spicy. Too many filler ingredients. Make your own - it's not hard.
- Tortilla Chips. You're going to need a sturdy chip for this one. I usually go for Tostito's original.
- Salsa. This is a personal choice so pick your favorite brand here. You can make it homemade a day or two before game day if you have the time. I do have a great salsa recipe if you're interested in that. When I don't have time, I go for On The Border mild salsa. It's a little smoky with great cumin flavor and I love that.
- Scallions. I love chopped scallions and I use them to garnish the queso dip. I always like extra so I throw all the scallions in one of my small dishes and offer it up for people who want more scallions like me!
- Hot chili peppers. Little, tiny chili peppers that pack a massive heat punch. I like a bit of spice. If you want to give this queso dip a real kick, grab a handful of tiny chili peppers and saute them on high heat a few minutes with oil and salt.
Easy Steps to Make Queso Dip with Crispy Crumbled Beef
How to Make Guacamole: It's Just 5 Ingredients! You Got This!
Are You Looking for More Super Bowl Sunday Treats? I Gotcha Covered!
- Super Bowl Sunday Food Ideas (see video below: a round-up of 12 game day recipe ideas)
- The Ultimate Spaghetti Lasagna
- Big Batch Spaghetti Sauce
- Moroccan Spiced Phyllo Meat Pie
- Phyllo Cup Appetizers FIVE ways
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
- Nana's Weird Hot Dog Appetizer (kids will love it - adults too!)
- Crunchy, Cheesy Patty Melts on Grilled Sourdough
- Balsamic Cholula Chicken (cook all in one pan)
- Crunchy Coconut Chicken Fingers
- Brown Sugar Bacon Sticks Brushed w/Maple Syrup