So you're having people over and you don't know what to serve for appetizers. Holiday season will be here before you know it and you need ideas. Well, I've cracked the code for a unique appetizer that everyone will be talking about. No need for sliders or full burgers when you've got this awesome bacon cheeseburger crostini with chopped pickles.
Bacon Cheeseburger Bites? Oh, Hell Yeah!
I know I say a lot of things are my favorite and I mean it every.single.time. I love so many foods and I love cooking - you know this. However, I do hold a very special place in my heart for crostini. This is my all-time favorite finger food. The possibilities are endless. And up until I made this particular recipe, my warm shrimp and gorgonzola dip served with toasty little bread, was number one on my list. It is now in a tie with this bacon cheeseburger crostini with chopped pickles. That's saying a lot, because that shrimp and gorgonzola had topped my culinary chart for many years!
Easy Crostini with Simple Ingredients
Who doesn't want a bite of a bacon cheeseburger? Who? Cheeseburgers are so very American and we can't get enough. So I miniaturized them to be enjoyed as a snack! Look, we're talking about ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, a little mustard, bacon, cheese and pickles. These are pretty basic ingredients that make an absolute gourmet crostini. I realize many of you won't have time for this, but if you do, please try my yummy homemade garlic, dill pickle recipe some time. I swear once you make your own pickles you will never go back to store bought. That being said, I won't judge you for using your favorite store-bought pickle as a topping here.
How to Make Bacon Cheeseburger Crostini
- Cook the bacon, let it cool then chop into bacon bits.
- Chop a few other things: onion, pickles, scallion.
- Slice the ciabatta stick into rounds then brush with olive oil.
- Make easy burger mix with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard. Cook in a pan til crispy.
- Mix crispy burger mix with shredded cheddar and bacon bits.
- Top crostini with burger mix and cheese and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped pickles, scallion and sriracha sauce if you want a little spice.
Why You Will Love This Crostini
This is a pretty easy appetizer to make and has the bonus of being something unique that most people have never tried before. It's perfect for feeding a crowd and will definitely make a great game night or Super Bowl Sunday finger food option. This is highly customizable as well. You can serve additional condiments on the side: chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, mayo, sriracha for those who want spice and whatever else your little heart desires.
Learning to Cook Has Never Been Easier
Look, I know that some of us love to cook and some of us don't know where to begin. The good news is that there are a ton of resources available to learn how to cook. I love cooking and I enjoying making these step-by-step videos so people can actually see how to put this together.
Restaurants are getting so expensive these days and it's time to stop wasting money on take-out. Learn how to cook for yourself and your loved ones. This is an invaluable life skill that will bring people together for home cooked food. A real meal or snack that can be shared over conversation (with no electronic devices distracting us) is what we need to work toward. I love sharing food with my loved ones - it always makes me feel better. 🙂
Oh, Were You Looking for More Crostini Recipes and Finger Foods?
- Warm Shrimp & Gorgonzola Dip w/Crostini
- Canned Crab Toasties (no mayonnaise!)
- Apple Brie Crostini w/Toasted Pecans & Honey
- Garlic Shrimp Crostini w/Romesco Sauce & Shaved Parmesan
- Cute, Little Mac & Cheese Mini Muffins
- Stuffed Mushrooms w/Sausage, Panko & Cheddar
- Brown Sugar Bacon Sticks Brushed w/Maple Syrup
- Nana's Weird Hot Dog Appetizer