I sometimes forget how delicious chicken cutlets are. For a long time, I associated chicken cutlets with chicken parmesan and that's it. I only ate chicken cutlets when I made chicken parmesan. However, chicken cutlets are one of the most versatile lunch or dinner options out there. Is it weird that I sometimes make them just to slice them into strips and dip in honey mustard sauce? Nevertheless, this time, I made lemon butter basil chicken cutlets and they are a revelation.
No Mincing of Words Here - We're Pouring Melted Butter on Chicken Cutlets
I will make no apologies for pouring melted butter directly onto crispy chicken cutlets. Let's start there. Sometimes we just need butter. And adding lemon, butter and basil to this chicken cutlet is a very simple way to elevate your cutlets without a ton of effort.
How To Make These Awesome Chicken Cutlets
- Start with already-thin-cut chicken cutlets to save on prep time. Season with salt and pepper on one side. If you can't find those, you'll need to butterfly your chicken breast and it will take slightly longer to pound them down to ¼" thickness.
- Juice some lemons and soak the chicken in the lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- Chop some basil.
- Melt some butter.
- Set up dredge station with flour, beaten egg and plain panko bread crumbs.
- Dredge the chicken. Fry the chicken. Eat the chicken.
- Cut the chicken cutlets in half, spoon lemon and butter over the cutlets and add a large pinch of fresh basil. Garnish with additional lemon wedges and parmesan cheese if you want.
Perfect Dinner for Four to Six People
As you know, I like to cook with leftovers in mind. However, I also know when something tastes amazing re-heated and when it doesn't. This dish is best if eaten all at once. Yes, you can reheat in a toaster oven tented with foil and let it get crispy. It will still taste good, but not great. The best way to enjoy this one is to make it fresh and eat it fresh.
Easy Steps To Make Lemon Butter Basil Cutlets
Looking for More Awesome Chicken Recipes?
- Crunchy Coconut Chicken Fingers
- Crispy Chicken Parmesan with Mom's Sauce
- Balsamic Cholula Chicken
- Easy Chicken Valdostana
- Crispy Brick Chicken w/Pan Sauce & Veggies
- Bone-in Stuffed Chicken Breast w/Spinach & Gouda